Sunday, October 30, 2011
Here's what I wore to my Gma's 80th birthday party yesterday. I knew the temp would be dropping as the day went on, so I wanted to be sure to be warm and covered up!
Jacket: Kmart Love Your Style, Love Your Size
Boots: Lane Bryant
Cami: Lane Bryant
Bag: Louis Vuitton Delightful Pm
Saturday, October 29, 2011
I stopped in L'Occitane yesterday to pick up my free hand cream. I received five emails this week about picking up my hand cream, and I was like, ok, enough is enough...jeez, I'll go pick it up! Anyway, I picked up the cream, and I really like it. I also got the lip balm, which I absolutely love. I am always obsessed with lip balm with fall and winter roll around.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
One of the major emerging fashion trends this fall and winter will be the return of the cape. Cape style outerwear is a stylish alternative to the classic winter coat. This year's capes are perfect for any
How to shop for wide calf boots:
- Measure the widest part of the calf. (Measure both legs to help get an accurate size.)
- Also, note whether or not you have wide width feet too.
- When shopping, always be aware of the different between wide width and wide calf. Wide width refers to the foot, and wide calf refers to the leg.
- When checking websites ALWAYS look for size measurement descriptions or size charts to help determine if the boot will fit you.
- Before going to the store, check online to see what wide calf boots they have available, and what sizes they fit. This can save some frustration if you know ahead of time what will fit and what won't.
- Some sites sell extra wide and super wide calf boots.
- If you still have no luck, you may want to try getting a custom made pair of boots to fit you perfectly. These may be pricier, but they are sure to fit like glove.
- A more affordable option for custom made boots may be purchasing a pair of boots that you like and having extra panels or elastic/stretchy panels sewn into the boot so that it will fit
DSW (Thanks for the reminder, riversiderhl!)
Extra Wide and/or Super Wide Boots:
Wide Calfs Boots City
Zappos Extra Wide Boots
Custom Made Boots:
Monday, October 24, 2011
Sweaters are a fall staple; cozy, comfortable and stylish at the same time. They are great on their own, or a good piece to use for layering with other pieces, jewelry, scarves and accessories.
With so many different lengths, patterns, colors and styles, there are tons of ways to style the sweaters in your wardrobe. If you are in need of new ideas for styling your own sweaters, check out these ideas.
All sweaters mentioned in this article are available from Louisville area retailers. Be sure to click the links for more information!
How to style a...