Sweaters are a fall staple; cozy, comfortable and stylish at the same time. They are great on their own, or a good piece to use for layering with other pieces, jewelry, scarves and accessories.
With so many different lengths, patterns, colors and styles, there are tons of ways to style the sweaters in your wardrobe. If you are in need of new ideas for styling your own sweaters, check out these ideas.
All sweaters mentioned in this article are available from Louisville area retailers. Be sure to click the links for more information!
- Basic cable-knit sweater: Style this sweater with your fave jeans, ballet flats, and simple gold or silver jewelry. If you love this style, check out the scoopneck cable-knit sweater from Coldwater Creek. Multiple colors are available in sizes X-3X for $69.50.
- Sweater dress: This piece is perfect on its own, and looks great paired with some opaque tights and boots. If you love this style, check out the Pink Rose cable empire sweater from Macy's. Multiple colors are available in sizes 1X-3X for $68.
- Tunic style sweater: The tunic style sweater looks great paired with leggings and booties. If you love this style, check out the Nordic trim tunic sweater from Loop 18. It is available in sizes 9-27 for $39.99.
- Hooded cardigan: This casual sweater is perfect with your fave tank or tee and a comfy pair of jeans. Top it off with some warm, comfy boots, like Ugg boots, and you have a perfect casual look for fall. If you love this style, check out the button front cardigan from Avenue. This cardigan, offered in black and gray, is available in sizes 14-28 for $39.90.
- The perfect layering sweater: A great layering sweater looks good with dress pants, a skirt or jeans. Layer your fave long sleeve tee underneath to creat a chic fall look. If you love this look, check out the open stitch pullover sweater from Lane Bryant. This sweater, offered in gray, tan, and black, is available in sizes 14-28 for 69.95.
- Longer length cardi: Longer length cardigans look great paired with a tank and jeans for fall. Wear flats, loafers or booties to complete the look. If you love this look, check out the pointelle cozy cardigan from Fashion Bug. This cardigan, offered in black and grape leaf, is available in sizes XL-4X for $17.74.
- Striped cardigan: The striped cardigan looks great with a tshirt underneath, and paired with jeans or a maxi skirt. It could also be paired with a dress. If you love this look, check out the vertical stripes cardigan from Forever 21+. It is available in sizes XL-3X for $29.80.
- Cowl neck sweater: Cowl neck sweaters look great with a pair of trousers, a pencil skirt, or a maxi skirt. If you love this look, check out the red deep cowl sweater fromDots. It is available in sizes 1X-3X for $20.
Some retailers mentioned may have multiple locations in Louisville. To find the store closest to you, click the links below.This article, written by me, also appears on examiner.com here.
Photo credits (First photo): The scoopneck cable-knit sweater- Coldwater Creek: www.coldwatercreek.com