Monday, November 3, 2014

OOTD & Review: IGIGI Luxe Elegance Collection

My love affair with IGIGI dresses has been going strong for quite some time now because honestly, nothing compares. However, I had never stepped out of what I will call- my IGIGI comfort zone- until recently. I have been really curious about trying some of the separates, and the Louise jacket in Lattice Noir was just the thing to make me take the plunge and try some amazing new styles.

When I saw Louise, it was love at first sight, and sometimes I still just sit and stare at her because she is just that beautiful to me. I am so drawn to the black and white graphic print, and I think the round neckline, faux leather accents and gold zipper are just so modern and luxe. This jacket is beautiful and comfortable too. It even fit comfortably around my arms, which is usually a problem area when it comes to me and jackets. Tight sleeves can be so miserable, but I didn't have to deal with that when I tried this jacket on. It was roomy enough for my arms to fit and move around comfortably. I was also excited that the sleeve length and jacket length were perfect for me without having to have alterations. So awesome!

I decided to make the Louise jacket one of the main focal points of my outfit, so I chose a black top and black leggings to accompany it. The top I wore is the gorgeous Kloey peplum top. This versatile top will be one of my wardrobe staples from now on. It can be dressed up or worn on a casual day. The design is great, and I love the length of it. One of my main gripes about peplum tops in general is that they seem too short sometimes, but the Kloey top is the perfect length. It would be great with leggings, pants or a skirt. It has such a beautiful flow to it, plus it's one of the most comfortable tops I have ever worn.

I paired the jacket and the top with the Karyn ponte leggings. I love leggings, and I have countless pairs of them. However, the Karyn leggings were completely different from any leggings I have ever owned. These are not your average leggings, these are so much more amazing. These ponte leggings are great because they are thicker than other leggings and they keep their shape. They also have seaming in down the center that I love. A surprising favorite was the waistband of these leggings. They have an incredibly comfortable elastic waistband that is wider than what I have seen on other leggings, and it makes such a difference. It really helps add to the comfort and fit of the leggings. These leggings are one of those items that I think, what did I ever do without you? They are everything!

This outfit was perfect for a cool fall day walking around downtown. It felt as comfortable as some of my favorite loungewear, but looked very polished and modern. Those are my fave kind of looks because comfort and style are both very important to me. I can't wait to style all of three of these pieces in different ways all season long!


 Outfit details:
Jacket: c/o IGIGI
Top: c/o IGIGI
Leggings: c/o IGIGI
Hat: c/o Dress & Dwell
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Forever 21
Bag: c/o Dress & Dwell


*Items featured in this look were sent for styling and review purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment