Sequins are one of the hottest trends this fall/winter season. Because of that, retailers are carrying tons of sparkling sequined pieces this fall. From lingerie to coats, everyone is blinging out their collections.
With so many different sequin pieces to choose from, let's make this a little easier for you by showing you some of our top picks. Plus, all items mentioned are plus size and available at Louisville area retailers. Most stores also offer online shopping. If the item you are looking for is out of stock in the store, then be sure to check online and vice versa.
Check out these top picks for ten ways to wear the sequin trend:
- The sequin LBD: If you are looking to update your little black dress for the holidays, then this is the dress for you. The Jessica Simpson Woman Sequin Dress is covered in black sequins and features 3/4 length sleeves. It is available at Dillard's for $148.
- Sequin boots: UGG Australia has a line of sequin boots available in multiple colors. The Women's Classic Sparkles are sure to keep your feet not only warm, but also looking fabulous. These are available at Dillard's in black, champagne, gold, neon hot pink, neon orange, neon violet, passion purple, ruby red, and silver for $170. These would be perfect paired with your fave leggings for a stylish and comfy look.
- Sequin embellished bra: Yes, even undergarments are getting the sparkle treatment this season. Check out this Nicole Sequin Trim Underwire Bra from Avenue, available in black for $29.96.
- Sequin pencil skirt: This skirt, from Lane Bryant, is such a stunning piece. Pair it with a white button-up or your fave "going out" top for a perfect night out. This skirt is available for $79.95.
- Sequin embellished leggings: Dots currently has a pair of Sequin Side Leggings. These are just like regular black leggings, only they have a sequin side panel on both sides. These are also quite affordable at $16.
- Sequin workwear: Calvin Klein has even transitioned sequins into the office place with this gorgeous tweed skirt and jacket. Each piece has subtle sparkle with the help of sequins sewn in. Both are available at Dillard's. The skirt is $89.50, and the jacket is available for $149.50.
- Sequin cocktail dress: Forever 21+'s beautiful sequin and ruffle strapless dress is perfect for a night on the town. The black dress features a sequin bodice and bow at the waist. It is available for $27.80.
- Metallic sequin dress: The chiffon sequin tunic dress from Kmart features a vneck, cap sleeves and shimmering gold sequins. It is available for $34.99.
- Sequin scarf: Accessorize a look from your closet with this gorgeous sequin stripe scarf from Fashion Bug, available for $10.49.
- Colorful sequin tank: There is no shortage of bold colorful sequin tanks this season. Check out this blackberry wine colored sequin shell from Dress Barn, available for $26.99.
Continue reading on Examiner.com Plus-size fashion trend: Sequins - Louisville Plus-Size Fashion | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/plus-size-fashion-in-louisville/plus-size-fashion-trend-sequins#ixzz1djWybojW