Prom season is right around the corner for Louisville area schools, so it is time to talk prom dress trends. Finding the perfect dress can take hours, day, weeks, or sometimes even longes. Shoppers may try on many dresses before finally trying on the one that has the right amount of sparkle, is the perfect color, and fits like a glove.
To make prom dress shopping a little easier, here are ten hot plus size prom dress trends you may want to be on the look out for while you are out shopping. Also, all dresses mentioned are available at the Louisville retailers linked below. You won't have to travel far to find the perfect look for your special day.
Here are 10 plus-size prom trends for 2012:
- Ombre: This satin ombre pick-up ball gown, available soon at the David's Bridal store on Bardstown Road, features a side drape design and is strapless.
- Convertible: This Hailey Logan convertible high-low dress, available at Dillard's, can be worn in two different ways. The high-low skirt is detachable, so this dress can also be worn as a little black dress.
- High-low: This mixed media print chiffon dress, available at Deb, features the right amount of color, fun print, and sparkles. Deb is located at the Festival at Jefferson Court on Outer Loop.
- Color block: This tulip skirt prom dress, available at Deb, features sequins and a sweetheart neckline.
- Mermaid: This red B. Darlin strapless mermaid gown from Dillard's features a sparkling sweetheart neckline and figure flattering design.
- Ball gown: This strapless two toned printed tulle ball gown is an exciting take on the classic ball gown design. This gown, available at Dillard's, features a bold print and vibrant pink color complete with a pink sash at the wasit.
- One-shoulder: This red Trixxi one shoulder dress from Macy's features a handkerchief hemline and rosette detailing.
- Short: Dance the night away in this pleated tube dress, available at JC Penney.
- Sparkle: This Trixxi sequined strapless dress, available at Macy's, features a sweetheart neckline, banded empire waistline, and a ruffled skirt.
- Bold color: This beaded taffeta gown from Deb is available in turquoise, purple and plum. It features beaded detailing and a pick-up skirt.
Continue reading on Examiner.com 10 plus-size prom dress trends for 2012 - Louisville Plus-Size Fashion | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/plus-size-fashion-in-louisville/10-plus-size-prom-dress-trends-for-2012#ixzz1ovwNqDxA